What is Digital India and its advantages and disadvantages
We all know about India or India because we are Indians ourselves. but do you know that what is digital india? It may sound a bit technical, but its principles and aim are very easy to understand and they are very good.
If you still do not know about the Digital India Initiative started by our Prime Minister, then you are definitely missing a very important program. But there is nothing to worry, why today we are going to know the complete information about this Digital India platform in Hindi through this article.
The Digital India program is a flagship programme. Their main focus was how the development of the Information System should be done smoothly. Later many states started their own individual e-governance projects which provide electronic services to the citizens.
In such a situation, a participative, transparent and responsive government was formed to fix this problem, which was started by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 1, 2015 from Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in Delhi and it was named ‘Digital India’ program. . So without delay let’s start and Digital India Project know about.
What is Digital India – What is Digital India in Hindi
Digital India is an umbrella programme. It has only one vision that how to convert India into a digitally empowered society and a knowledgeable economy. To fulfill its objectives, this program has established such an ecosystem which is made up of meeting of many ministries and government departments.
Its initiatives have been coordinated by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY). The use of information technology to provide public services to the citizens is a very important objective of the Digital India program so that technology enabled can be provided to the citizens. This Digital India program was started by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in July 1st 2015.
If really this Digital India initiative is to be implemented then some preparatory measures have to be taken for this initiative. As sufficient physical infrastructure will have to be created, vital governance services will have to be made available to the people through e-mode and simultaneously awareness of digital literacy will have to be increased among the people, which means that people will have to be exposed to technology so that they can easily access all digital to technology able to handle.
Objectives of Digital India
1. having digital infrastructure : for high-speed internet facility, mobile phone और bank account, common service centre को must have access. Also internet identity, sharable private space in a public cloud and safe, secure cyberspace are needed.
2. Governance and services on demand should be available in real-time For online and mobile platforms. Also it should be seamlessly integrated between departments and jurisdictions. All citizen documents should be made available in the cloud platform so that the requirement of physical documents can be minimized. Cashless electronic transactions And Geographical Information Systems (GIS) will have to be integrated for this scheme.
3. All citizens, mainly rural citizens, will have to be exposed to digital literacy so that they can use all the programs of the government.
How India will become Digital India
Digital technologies affect almost all aspects of our society. Hence this Digital India program covers more area to make India a digitally empowered country.
The government has identified nine such pillars of Digital India which are very important.
1. Broadband HighwaysThe government has thought of laying a national optical fiber network in the entire 2.5 lakh gram panchayats. Department of for this project Telecommunications (DoT) is the only nodal department. A deadline has been provided to provide this broadband facility to all panchayats by 2020.
By using National Information Infrastructure (NII), network and cloud infrastructure can be integrated so that high-speed connectivity and cloud platform facility can be provided throughout the country.
This facility can be reached everywhere from government departments to the panchayat level. The infrastructure components used in broadband networks are: State Wide Area Network (SWAN), National Knowledge Network (NKN), National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN), Government User Network (GUN) और MeghRaj Cloud. DeitY इस project में इसकी nodal Department होती है.
2. Providing Universal Access to PhonesAnswer: Mobile phone coverage is to be provided to the remaining 55,619 villages in the country. In this the Department of Telecommunications can become a nodal department and the cost of this project is around Rs 16,000 Cr that too between the year 2014-18.
3. Launch of the Public Internet Access Program: Common Services Centers (CSCs) can be strengthened and their number should also be increased so that each Panchayat can get one CSC (from which total 250000 CSCs). CSCs have to be made in such a way that they can become multi-functional end-points in a better way to provide government and business services. DeitY also has a nodal department to implement this scheme.
4. e-Governance – Reforming Govt with the help of TechnologyAnswer: Digital technology is used for better delivery of government services. The goal of the government is how to improve its processes and delivery of services. For example using e-Governance UIDAI, payment gateway, EDI and mobile platforms. Now school certificates, voter ID cards are provided online only. (Ex -digi-locker). Here databases and information are kept in electronic form and not in manual form.
5. e-Kranti -Electronic Delivery की Services: e-Kranti is an advanced e-governance program that provides governance services through electronic mode. This includes about 44 mission projects. This program integrates with the previous National E-Governance Plan. Whereas public services which are related to health, education, farmers, justice, security and financial inclusion etc. all of them are administered electronically under e-Kranti.
6. Information to all: All the information which is related to governance and public services for the citizens, they are easily accessible to all with the help of digital platforms.
7. Electronics, Manufacturing जिसमें target Net Zero Imports हO: The aim of this pillar of Digital India is to promote the manufacturing of digital technology devices, which is mainly electronics in our country. To promote the manufacturing of electronics in India so much that it becomes a target of net zero import by the year 2020. Under this, many steps are being taken under the National Electronic Policy. Which includes taxation incentives, eliminating cost disadvantages, promoting incubators, clusters, skill development, etc.
8. Use of IT for Jobs For: This pillar focuses on providing skill and training to the youth so that they can become IT/ITES To get employment opportunities in the sector. It consists of eight components which have specific scope of activities such as: focusing on disadvantaged regions – rural areas and North East, providing training to 1 crore students in IT/ITES sector, besides three lakh service delivery agents. Including providing training.
9. Early Harvest Programmes : Under this Pillar, Government Wi-Fi facilities will be set up in all universities and public spaces across the country, eBooks will be provided in schools, email will be made the primary mode of communication, Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System will be deployed in all central government offices etc.
When was Digital India started?
Many people want to know that when Digital India started? its beginning 1 July 2015 Our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi was done by. Its main objective is to connect such rural areas with high-speed Internet networks and improve digital literacy.
I hope you guys What is Digital India Gave complete information about and I hope you people have understood about Digital India platform. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then you can write low comments for this.